Primary Purpose of the Operations Manager:
- Provide leadership and coordinate strategic business initiatives required to drive process improvement throughout the manufacturing operations in pursuit of operational excellence;
- Apply knowledge and skills in EHS to drive disciplined systems in support of an injury free work culture;
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the Production and Engineering/Maintenance departments including ABS;
- Apply knowledge in quality systems and ABS to drive disciplined systems, robust processes, and focused standardization of best practices; in conjunction manage a cohesive set of key performance metrics that provide objective insights into the health and effectiveness of business operating systems.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- The manager will focus on productivity, order fulfillment, schedule adherence, process control and inventory management to ensure customer satisfaction, product quality and the smooth flow of material within the operation;
- Conduct deep dives to identify the root cause of manufacturing issues and bring them to successful resolution;
- Engage the workforce in problem solving initiatives and ensure the discipline execution of manufacturing processes and procedures;
- Build a high-performance support team by enhancing a diversity of cultures, thoughts and perspectives throughout the quality team;
- Manage the development of talent with a focus on individual development and succession opportunities with the company;
- Develop a structure to identify and deploy best practices for the core process areas.
- Production Planning, EHS, Quality and Human Resources;
- Plant Manager, location staff, commercial front end Order Execution team;
- Building and construction customers, including architects, contractors and business owners.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Operations or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 10 years' experience in complex manufacturing systems;
- Minimum of 5 years' of management experience;
- Minimum of 5 years' of Lean Manufacturing and Quality Systems and Production Planning experience;
- Minimum of 5 years' forecasting and planning production data;
- Minimum of 1 years' experience using advanced functions of Microsoft Excel;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and knowledge in Process Control;
- Microsoft Office Suite and JDE experience preferred;
- Ability to establish clear direction, intentions and objectives while being able to gain the support of others;
- Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes;
- Preferred knowledge of the architectural aluminum construction industry with expertise on people paced processes in production environments;
- Strong leadership and coaching skills coupled with excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to direct multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Highly developed written and verbal (influencing) communication skills