The Contact Center Manager manages call center operations while maintaining client satisfaction. This is accomplished by providing high-quality and efficient customer service to customers through the daily management of a team consisting of group supervisors, operations supervisors and 100+ response specialists. Responsibilities include coaching and developing the team to meet/exceed performance expectations, motivating, recognizing and rewarding the team, participating in the hiring process and providing support to the team after training. Creates a motivational environment that fosters high performance and teamwork.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads a team of supervisors and response specialists toward the achievement of the established quality, productivity and service level goals.
- Promotes process improvement by continual evaluation of processes/procedures to improve operations, efficiency and service to both internal and external customers by monitoring systems performance; conducting audits and analyses; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans.
- Works on projects in meeting business deliverables.
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by orientating, training, and effectively communicating job expectations; performance management by coaching, counseling, administering disciplinary action; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing employee contributions; enforcing policies and procedures, and monitoring scheduling systems.
- Monitors overall employee performance and identifies trends and opportunities and sharing findings with leadership team in cultivating efforts to drive high performance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional networking groups.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 8 years of relevant experience as a leader of a call center environment.
- Prior experience to include: customer focus, customer service, effective verbal and written communication, process improvement/problem solving, conflict resolution; driving high performance; fostering teamwork.
- Must be flexible to work within a 24/7 environment, 365 days a year.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).