JOB SUMMARY: Manages event logistics and operations across UBM Americas eventportfolio for assigned events. Attends assigned shows/conferences and is responsible for managing on-site operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiates contracts for onsite contractors, including but not limited to; catering, security, audio-visual, and transportation ensuring agreements terms, percent increase limits and cancellation policies are within the corporate guidelines. Complies with all facilitiescontracts and general contractor agreements.
- Provide budget management assistance within a respective area to include preparing and organizing estimates/projections, invoice review and follow-up keeping current records within the event expense tracker. Preparing purchase orders and check requests to process event payments and acquiring appropriate payment approval.
- Manages the coordination, preparation and workflow of work orders pertaining to all event service providers, including but not limited to: electrical, internet, venue services, decorator services, audio-visual services, office equipment, etc. to ensure a smooth and orderly move-in/out of the event. Responsible for communicating approved designs to all necessary team members.
- Assists with layouts of floor plans with the sales staff and internal floorplan development team, for specific expositions to ensure proper exhibitor placement, good traffic flow, adequate areas for exhibitor service, and compliance with safety and facility requirements.
- Responds to exhibitor questions regarding their participation and ensures exhibitors are adhering to event rules and regulations. Coordinates exhibitor needs. Independently deals with any challenges that may arise pre-event or onsite. Collaborates with the event marketing team, customer success team and vendors to organize and enhance outbound exhibitor communication via event website, emails, and webinars.
- Responsible for the timely creation and compilation of the exhibitor service manual and any other exhibitor services correspondence required, including deadline reminders.
- Manage Exhibitor Appointed Contractors. Collect and record EAC Authorization Forms, EAC Certificate of Liability Insurance and Workman’s Compensation. Communicate onsite process of EAC check-in with security.
- Assist with the coordination of assigned event signage as necessary to include collection of content, submission, editing approval of signage proofs, and onsite placement/removal.
- Coordinate sponsorship deliverables and any customer service correspondence related to the execution of their sponsorship, including: shipping information, required logo collection, and communication of any required production specifications. Manage related orders and expenses including: onsite banners and signage locations, sponsored sessions and events, tote bag giveaways, etc.
- Work in conjunction with program committee chairs and the internal content team to manage keynotes, speakers, and content information and program budgets including all incoming and outgoing speaker correspondence (contracts, payments, travel details, event updates/deadlines, audio visual requests, and registration inquiries). Work in conjunction withinternal content teams to ensure speaker compliance as it pertains to the speaking guidelines.
- Coordinate and maintain historical data on assigned conferences.
- Develop catering menus, BEOs (Banquet Event Orders) for all onsite/offsite event related events. Work in conjunction withevent lead in order to accurately forecast guarantees.
- Coordinate audio-visual needs and keynote/conference rehearsal schedules. Collaborate with the AV vendor to ensure budgetary compliance. Work with operations lead within each area of responsibility in reconciling all costs/invoices.
- Works with IT to ensure that all technology is set up and functional on show site; includes providing computers, internet, wireless, iPad stands, charging stations, etc.
- Oversee all event management shipping/receiving of materials to event site including: distribution of shipping instructions, mailing labels, collection of tracking information and onsite procedures for receiving freight. Responsible for the ordering and shipping of show supplies.
- Ensure that assigned event teams (internal and external) understand the event sustainability plan, including effective sustainability initiatives to reduce or reuse, and involve community engagement through local non-profit beneficiaries. Completes and posts event sustainability tracking document in a timely manner post event.
- Works with registration to coordinate layout of registration area and communicate show management temp staffing needs.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree or related work experience, with at least three years’ experience in event, tradeshow, hotel and/or banquet operations or sales, or facilities administration.
- Must have strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, with effective problem solving and conflict management abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office, and cost management.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prior knowledge of publishing, trade shows and/or marketing a plus.
- Experience with hotel and/or banquet sales or facilities management and planning.
- Extensive travel (air and/or ground) is required, up to 25%.