5 - 7 years experience •
The WFMS PD/OM will be responsible for leading WFMS to continued market dominance through precise music curation and scheduling; expert coaching of a veteran, winning air staff; and development of eye and ear catching promotions, NTR events-concerts and contests; finding new ways to increase ratings and revenue while ensuring WFMS remains essential to the people of Indianapolis and Central Indiana. If this sounds like the job you’ve prepared for and aspired to for your whole career, we want to talk to you!
We are interested in discussing this leadership opportunity with talented programming professionals with at least five years of experience as a PD/OM who have a winning ratings history. You must have excellent oral and written communications skills, and a proven ability to collaborate with internal and external contacts. We’re looking for a creative team builder, team player and leader. If that’s you, contact us now!
Protect the license of all stations and ensure FCC rules and regulations are followed at all times. Work as a close liaison with Chief Engineer to ensure studio’s automation systems, production facility and transmitters are operating properly and in compliance will all FCC regulations.
Lead and mentor Program Directors and through them their on-air talent to include:
- Highest & Best Use of scheduling (Full and Part-time Talent)
- Train in all areas of broadcasting production, performance and execution
- Hold regular scheduled meetings with Program Directors to ensure highest performance
- Supervise and sign off on air talent air checks
- Coordinate with Sales Director to execute all promotions, events, remotes and other sales initiatives
- Work directly with Promotions Manager to train, inspire and inspect all aspects of the promotional process
- May have to cover an on air shift, TBD
- Consistently grow CUME and TSL on all stations
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of programming and management, including; creation and implementation of station and cluster strategic competitive position, supervision of Program Directors, music scheduling, coaching on-air talent, development/execution of promotions, digital and social media audience and revenue platforms. A proactive, strong customer service approach towards listeners, staff, & sales is essential.
- Successful programming experience and winning track record backed by Nielsen Audio results.
- Savvy computer skills and proficiency with ratings, research and music (Stratus) programs.
- Ability to multi-task and the discipline to focus on what is the highest and best use of your time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with air staff and associated departments.
- Strong leadership, coaching, prioritization and execution.
- Creative and strategic problem solver.