The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading, directing, and managing all aspects of the daily production activities for the following departments: Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Engineering.
- Collaborate and Implement with plant functional leaders to develop a strategic plan aligned with the Shakeproof Automotive goals to deliver against customer requirements of cost, quality, and delivery.
- Ensure customer demands are met by managing the production process and flow.
- Provide support and feedback to develop training, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Become an expert in the ITW Toolbox and proficient at conducting continuous improvement activities to improve the overall production process flow.
- Lead continuous improvement, cost-savings, toolbox, and strategic sourcing initiatives aligned with Shakeproof Automotive’s goals.
- Communicate priorities with leadership team and between department supervisors and plant leadership.
- Prepare production summaries and downtime reports continuously monitoring output and labor efficiencies.
- Develop and consistently analyze KPIs for plant operation to produce optimum operational excellence.
- Reviews plant layout to optimize floor space maintaining safety and improving throughput.
- Promote a safety culture and environment and maintains company compliance requirements to OSHA.
- Develop recommendations of capital projects to drive efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Ensure safety, legal, and regulatory compliance programs are in place and adhered to.
- Drive a culture of transparency and employee engagement through positive employee relations activities with a best-in-class operator mindset.
- Oversee hiring and performance development for all skilled labor.
- Leads through the ITW Leadership Expectations by developing talent within the business & actively identifying and develop key leaders for future positions.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration
- Mindset of Continuous Improvement
- 8+ years operational experience in a manufacturing setting
- 5+ years leading teams
- Prior supervisory experiencerequired
- Strong problem solving-skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Displays personal composure under pressure
- Projects positive and professional image of ITW
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- AutoCad/Solid Works
- BS Engineering
- Prior experience in Automotive Industry