We are looking for an Operations Manager to report to our Global Director of Operations, as a key member of the local management team. This position will be responsible for achieving excellence in our 800 W. Thorndale Ave. manufacturing operations, based in Itasca, Illinois.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for leading, directing, and managing all aspects of the daily production activities for the following departments within one of our main facilities: Manufacturing and Engineering. Oversees production coordination, materials management, manufacturing engineering, warehouse/inventory, and logistics.
Collaborate to develop and implement with his or her production team a strategic plan that’s aligned with the Division’s goals to consistently deliver on customer requirements of safety, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Ensure customer demands are met by managing the production process and flow.
- Provide support and feedback to develop training, standard operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Become an expert in the ITW Toolbox and proficient at conducting continuous improvement activities to improve the overall production process flow.
- Lead continuous improvement, cost-savings, toolbox, and strategic sourcing initiatives aligned with Kester’s goals.
- Communicate priorities with leadership team and between department supervisors and plant leadership.
- Prepare production summaries and downtime reports continuously monitoring output and labor efficiencies.
- Develop and consistently analyze KPIs for plant operation to produce optimum operational excellence.
- Reviews plant layout to optimize floor space maintaining safety and improving throughput.
- Promote a safety culture and environment and maintains company compliance requirements to OSHA.
- Promote a quality culture among all production personnel.
- Develop recommendations of capital projects to drive efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Ensure safety, legal, and regulatory compliance programs are in place and adhered to.
- Drive a culture of transparency and employee engagement through positive employee relations activities with a best-in-class operator mindset.
- Oversee hiring and performance development for all skilled labor.
- Leads through the ITW Leadership Expectations by developing talent within the business & actively identifying and develop key leaders for future positions.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, with 5+ years hands-on experience within a chemical or liquid processing facility, including supervisory or management experience.
- Demonstrated orientation to execution. Must have career examples of achieving successful outcomes when facing challenging situations.
- Must have clear examples of gaining alignment and developing productive working relationships at all levels: peers, superiors, team members. Promotes collaboration and understanding.
- Proven ability to identify problems, gather and analyze data to draw conclusions and develop effective plans and solutions. Resourcefulness.
- Exhibit multicultural awareness developed working in multinational environments
- Demonstrate good communication and presentation skills