At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Operations Manager II within PNC's Insurance Department organization, you will be based in Overland Park, KS.
KS - Overland Park
KS012 - Midland Loan Services
- Participates in the development of the operations strategy. Executes operating plan and communicates strategy to operations team. Responsible for two or more functions across one or more sites, or may manage a complex product, function or location. Manages managers, supervisors and/or individual contributors. May participate in industry forums.
- Manages and is responsible for achieving desired business results. Acts as a senior point of escalation and resolves exceptions and complex process and product support problems. Review and provide oversight on end to end processes of varying risk and financial value. May interact with customers and/or third parties to drive business results and in resolving escalated issues.
- Manages all human resources related activities for direct and indirect reports and maintains employee engagement. Provides coaching and development to team members, supervisors and/or managers. Leads staff meetings, communicates strategy and translates into tactical operating plans.
- Provides consultation and advice to service partners and customers. Identifies and influences strategic improvement initiatives and serves as a representative or a project sponsor for operations group on projects. Develops, reviews and/or approves standard operating procedures as appropriate. Recommends and/or drives policy improvements.
- Oversees and/or owns the control framework for unit(s) of responsibility. Reviews reports and/or key risk indicators to identify exceptions, monitor quality and ensure effective quality risk management. Manages and is accountable for risk mitigation and business resiliency activities and/or strategies. May review transactions and related documents. Verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels, department controls, risk tolerance and applicable procedures.
Builds Winning Teams - Working Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Internal Resource Coordination - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the techniques, tools and applications associated with coordination of internal resources; ability to synchronize and integrate activities, responsibilities, and command and control structures to ensure that internal resources are used most efficiently in pursuit of business objectives.
Operational Functions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Management Process (TCS) - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the problem management process and ability to bring a reported problem to a successful resolution.
Process Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Standard Operating Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of established standard operating procedures (SOP) and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of industry-relevant experience. An operations or production environment position typically requires 2 years of previous managerial experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
102249 Operations Manager II
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law