We are currently looking for a dynamic individual as an Operations Manager for our Performance Products Division located at our manufacturing site in Dayton, Texas.
As as Operations Manager, you will leads & directs the activities of the Dayton Plant operations department to provide an environmentally sound, safe, healthy, and profitable work environment for Dayton Plant Associates, as well as the neighboring communities.
What will be expected from you?
- Leads and directs the activities of the plant operations department to provide an environmentally sound, safe, healthy, and profitable work environment for Dayton Plant associates, as well as the neighboring community
- Lead improvement in safety, environmental, reliability, and efficiency at the Dayton site
- As a member of the Dayton plant managerial staff, is responsible to the Plant Manager for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of activities in the Operations. Participates in formulating plant administrative practices and procedures
- Oversee day-to-day activities in the plant and notify the Plant Manger or other Managers of any issues that arise that fall under their responsibilities
- Lead and manage the introduction of new products into the plant through involvement with the product commercialization team and the product evolution process
- Administers plant personnel policies, evaluates work, and makes recommendations to Plant Manager on hiring, promotions, salaries, and release of associates under his/her directions
- Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses and strives for profitable performance of the operating units
- Monitors safe handling, identification, storage, and removal of hazardous waste streams resulting from production activities
- Adheres to the site’s requirements of the Safety and Environment Management System, typically by maintaining compliance to the rules and procedures in the area’s operating discipline. Fills out compliance and operating checklists, and participates in the site’s efforts at pollution prevention and continuous improvement
- Participates and leads in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated success in the above key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field and 10+ years of specific experience
- 10+ years of experience within a Chemical Plant or Manufacturing Facility as a Chemical or Mechanical Engineer or related field with at least 3 years experience as a Supervisor
- Must have a level of proficiency with Internet, Email, and Microsoft programs
- Able to monitor the manufacturing areas 24/7 including areas that require climbing ladders and accessing scaffolding
- Requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles governing petrochemical operations
- Must have 10+ years experience in the chemical industry with extensive background in plant operations and equipment
- Must have the ability to coordinate the activities of operations personnel in all matters necessary to run in an efficient manner while being safety and environmentally compliant
- Must have high technical and analytical abilities to handle operational problems and plant compliance concerns with quick diagnosis and prompt decisions
- Must have the ability to motivate and influence people
- Good communication and diplomacy skills with Dayton associates, corporate groups, customers, and general public