The Mail Operations Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely dispensing of prescribed medication to patients. The Mail Operations Manager works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Mail Operations Manager will oversee 1 -2 departments within Mail Order operations and have 5-10 direct reports. The Mail Operations Manager ensures adherence to quality assurance standards, accurate tracking techniques and a review process prior to shipping medications to patients. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration, and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
Scope of Role and Responsibilities:
· Manage and direct all aspects of front end pharmacy queues within areas of responsibility.
· Regularly present projects, improvements, and status of department to Pharmacy and PBM leadership.
· Create and support a “Thrive Together” culture within core teams, and across the Pharmacy.
· Demonstrate ability to understand and drive key specialty reimbursement strategies and patient support programs within the pharmacy.
· Work with the directors and frontline leaders to develop and improve personnel, policies, procedures and work processes
· Review and sign off all policies and procedures that affect the department.
· Assist and oversee the development and implementation of quality and production standards and programs.
· Complete reports to be reviewed and distributed by the department’s leadership team.
· Proactively report trends and/or service issues to the management team to ensure service levels to our customers and business partners are not impacted.
· Document quality issues and performance measures for management review.
· Contribute to the departments success by partnering with other managers to continually review and improve operating procedures.
· Interacts with other departments to ensure the department meets its objectives.
· Track and present coaching opportunities and feedback to frontline leaders to provide superior customer service.
· Monitor, identify and resolve performance/behavior/attendance issues using prescribed performance management techniques.
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or 3 years of relevant experience
3+ years leadership experience as a supervisor, manager or director
Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
Ability to communicate effectively and deliver presentations to senior leaders
Able to give direction and make sound business decisions
Working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Process Improvement Skills
Project management experience
Pharmacy degree from an accredited college of pharmacy is optional
Licensed as a PHARMACIST in state(s) of practice is optional