As Manager of Operations, you will serve a key role for the OAPI Government Affairs and Advocacy function with responsibilities to problem solve and implement processes to provide the highest quality to our internal stakeholders and external customers. This role will be responsible for planning, organizing and managing the daily operations and functions for the Government Affairs and Advocacy team and work collaboratively with Finance on OAPI budget.
Additionally, the Manager of Operations will be responsible for developing and implementing political engagement programs by maximizing fundraising, encouraging increased advocacy, and fostering political awareness by Otsuka US employees.
• In collaboration with the Head of Government Affairs, manage the OAPI Government Affairs budget and reporting of accruals/YTD budget review processes.
• Supervise contracts, memberships, and vendors associated with Government Affairs budget.
• Manage the Government Affairs day-to-day operations to include but not limited to planning Government Affairs offsite meetings and implementing processes to allow for great efficiencies within the team.
• Act as the Government Affairs liaison for Otsuka’s grant process and facilitate engagement strategy on key events/programs in coordination with Sr. Director State Government Affairs and Director, Federal Government Affairs.
• Oversee the strategy development of the Otsuka Political Action Committee (PAC) with close coordination with Head of Government Affairs and Director, Federal Government Affairs.
• In coordination with the Otsuka Political Action Committee Administrator, manage an outreach and communications strategy to educate Otsuka employees on the importance of being involved in the political and legislative processes and facilitate that involvement whenever possible. This includes Otsuka’s internal messages and get-out-the-vote efforts.
• Oversee Otsuka Political Action Committee receipts and disbursements. This role requires the knowledge and compliance of the regulations of the Federal Election Commission, which governs political action committees. The position also requires the knowledge and compliance of various state election guidelines which govern political action committees and corporate contributions.
• Coordinate and manage the filing of federal and state campaignfinancereports for Otsuka PAC contributions.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a preference given to government or political science majors and Finance.
• Strong understanding of Campaign Finance Laws and Lobby regulations
• Strong financial background
• At least 5-8 years’ experience managing a PAC including fundraising and event planning; trade association PAC experience preferred.
• At least 5 years’ experience working with Federal Campaign compliance and Lobby laws.
• Experience working with and managing high level executives.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues and tasks, and the ability to work on complex projects with tight deadlines.
• Excellent written and oral communication.