- Executes operating plan and communicates strategy to operations team. Responsible for one or more functions across one or more sites. Manages supervisors and/or individual contributors.
- Manages and is responsible for achieving desired business results. Acts as a senior point of escalation and resolves exceptions. May process and/or reconcile transactions of varying risk and financial value in accordance with established policies and procedures. May interact with customers and/or third parties in completing transactions or resolving escalated issues.
- Manages all human resources related activities for direct and indirect reports and maintains employee engagement. Provides coaching and development to team members. Leads staff meetings, communicates strategy and translates into tactical operating plans.
- Provides consultation and advice to service partners and customers. Identifies and influences strategic improvement initiatives and serves as a representative for operations group on projects. Develops and/or approves standard operating procedures as appropriate. Recommends policy improvements.
- Oversees the control framework for unit(s) of responsibility. Reviews reports to identify exceptions, monitor quality and ensure compliance. Manages and is accountable for risk mitigation and business resiliency activities. Verifies completeness and accuracy of procedures. May review transactions and related documents. Verifies work processes to ensure completeness, accuracy and conformance to established service levels and applicable procedures.
Builds Winning Teams - Working Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change -&nb
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Internal Resource Coordination - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the techniques, tools and applications associated with coordination of internal resources; ability to synchronize and integrate activities, responsibilities, and command and control structures to ensure that internal resources are used most efficiently in pursuit of business objectives.
Operational Functions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Management Process - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Process Management - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Standard Operating Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Healthcareexperience is strongly preferred, but not required.
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as established by the specific government client contract.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically 5+ years of related experience, and at least 2 years of previous supervisory experience is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.