GDIT is seeking an Operations Manager to oversee our Software Development, and O&M teams on the NIH NIAID contract. The Ops/Deputy Program Manager oversees and manages all technical aspects of the program and serves as primary point of contact between GDIT staff and the NIH technical leadership with responsibility for Deliverables, Technology and SW Development.
Background in Agile Software Development and/or Electronic Content Management is desired. Experience with OpenText is a Plus
Oversee Technical teams working on multiple SW Development efforts to operate and enhance a Content Mgmt Platform based on OpenText/Dynamics/365.
Oversee O&M Teams providing support to multiple Content Mgmt systems.
Meet with clients to gain feedback on team performance and take action to address gaps, if any.
· Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
· Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
· Work with the 60+ person team to develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
· Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
· Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
· Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
· Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience -
· BA degree, master preferred, and 12+ years of overall technical management experience.
· 5+ years' experience managing large SW Development projects and/or Large Content Mgmt COTS integration
· Experience managing government contracts
Desired Qualifications -
PMP Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
Experience with OpenText Content Server/Live Link
· Experience managing large migration efforts
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Excellent client-facing communication skills