GDIT has an opportunity for an Operations Manager working with a large line of business within GDIT that is currently supporting multiple contracts for the government in the DC Metro area.
We are seeking energetic, talented individuals that have a desire to help transform customer requirements supporting the mission critical IT service for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA).
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the operational oversight of the 24x7 PFPA Security Integration and Technology Support (PSITS) operations, leading a team comprised of System and Network Administrators and Service Desk technicians.
The Operations Manager duties consist of the following:
1. Manages team of approximately 17 FTEs engaged in providing information system solutions and technical support in one or more functional areas to execute PFPA IT services and solutions.
2. Serves as the primary POC for all technical issue resolution, coordination, management and communication for PFPA supported IT services.
3. Ensures execution of proper operations and maintenance of environment comprised of servers and workstations consisting of Microsoft and Linux based operating systems on a combination of physical and virtual platforms.
4. Oversees formal communication process to report on status of planned and unplanned outage notifications for PFPA managed systems.
5. Develops and oversees plans and implementations to stabilize, enhance, document and upgrade all operational platforms.
6. Ensures staff has comprehensive skillset to cover and support all required operational service components.
7. Provides weekly and monthly metrics to meet customer reporting requirements.
8. Manages numerous functional areas of information system solutions development and technical support, including personal computer/client server support, systems programming, applications design and development, database design and administration, information security, and network support and administration.
9. Supervises non-exempt technicians and exempt professionals, and may manage subordinate supervisors.
10. Develops schedules and assigns work to meet critical customer deadlines.
11. Ensures that proper records and other documentation are maintained.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
Must have strong multi-tasking skills.
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Must have strong demonstrated technical leadership and oversight experience.
DoD and Pentagon support experience a huge plus
Key Personnel Position. MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING:
5 years of demonstrated management experience utilizing Information Technology Service Model (ITSM)
. 10 years of demonstrated experience as an Operations Manager, and,
. Active or Current Top Secret security clearance adjudicated by DIA or DoD CAF
Job ID 2017-32256