THe Operations Manager monitors employee performance, identifies safety issues, and addresses operational needs. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Operations Manager major responsibilities:
- Assumes first-line supervision of location employees. Ensures company policies and procedures are followed.
- Assists the General Manager in day-to-day operational oversight of location operations including billing, payroll, routing/scheduling, DOT & state compliance, accounts receivable and accounts payable, recruitment and hiring of location employees.
- Ensures drivers have the daily documentation necessary to complete their routes. Ensures completed charter documentation for processing.
- Coordinates field trips by the assignment of personnel and vehicles. Ensures vehicles dispatched are in proper working condition and daily DVI (pre and post trip) forms have been submitted.
- Coordinates the dispatching, in-service monitoring, and turn-in activities involved in daily transit operations. Acts as back up member of Dispatch or Scheduling team.
- Monitor, evaluate and supports projects related to CAD/ AVL system data to determine contract service compliance.
- Develops manpower requirements for Dispatchers, Operators, and assists with evaluating trip patterns for run structure revisions.
- Recommends and disciplines operations personnel. Interviews necessary drivers and staff and completes customer complaint investigations
- Completes necessary daily and/or weekly reports for company and customer
- Tracks and maintains employee attendance system, processes driver and operations staff vacation requests. Maintains/orders necessary driver and staff uniforms.
- Monitors and evaluates Operations activities. Includes: vehicle on-time statistics, missed runs, customer complaint data, accident data, road call data, and other operations related functions
- Performs all other duties as assigned and may assist with other areas based on location needs
Operations Manager requirements:
- 3-5 years management experience in paratransit transportation.
- Accounting and detailed reporting experience.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials, and general public.
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Possess working vehicle to travel within service area as needed.
- Meet customer certification requirements in operations software and able to act as system administrator to assist resolving local user issues.