The Operations Manager will report to and support the Market Managing Partner tooversee, manage, and coordinate all aspects of business operations for a growing and progressive business unit and office. Duties include providing assistance across functional teams, collaborating with internal and external client facing teams, implementing business process initiatives that improve operational and financial performance, and drive organic and new business growth. The Operations Manager role is intended to help our business establish and coordinate capabilities in relation to strategy, operations, analytics, performance management, talent and reporting.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to the business through thedevelopment, coordination and execution of strategic and operational processes that support business unit and office objectives. Primary areas of responsibility include:
- Support the development and execution of business unit strategic business plan.
- Develop and execute business unit and office-wide communication and knowledge management strategies. May draft communications and presentations with directionfrom Managing Partner.
- Coordinate with firm Financial Management, practice partners, and other leaders todevelop and proactively address dashboards, regular financial and operational reporting, forecasts, budgets, analyses, DSO management, billing processes, and rate/fee structures – consolidating and reporting on data trends and providing key analytical insights into the business.
- Build positive relationships with partners, various function leaders, project sponsors and teams to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects
- Facilitate growth initiatives, including Marketing integration, go-to-market efforts, coordination with growth leaders throughout the firm, and practice integration efforts.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements, create new processes/solutions, and resolve complex problems
- Proactively track and help drive completion of projects and action items, and follow up on outstanding items
- Assist in the planning and execution of meetings and events, including team meetings, town hall meetings, and other office and firm-level events.
- Prepares and submits reports as required by the Managing Partner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience; previous experience within a professional services firm preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Financial analysis and modeling experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required; strong Excel skills with a focus on modeling and the use of advanced spreadsheet features
- Good communication skills (written, proofreading and verbal); able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to be agile and adaptable, and prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- A professional and approachable demeanor, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record oftaking ownership and leading data-driven analyses