Scripps Media - Springfield Radio Operations has an immediate opening for an Operations Manager. This position oversees operations of Springfield's 4 Radio stations and connected digital assets. Oversees, coordinates, and administers a range of operation and administrative activities in direct support of the delivery of radio programming by the station. Participates in the development and administration of strategic and operating plans, and evaluates programs for compliance with the overall mission of the stations.
- Oversee and coordinate the continuous, multifaceted daily operations of the radio station, ensuring compliance with broadcast standards, university policies, and relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Maintain accurate schedules, records, discrepancy reports, and follow-through communications, and ensures that all on-air broadcast programming complies with FCC rules and regulations.
- Participate in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Direct and administer the provision of day-to-day operation support to the various sub-units of the station, including the non-engineering portions of the station's physical plant, space allocation and utilization, station supplies and inventory, and station safety and security.
- Plan, design, establish, and maintain organizational structures and systems that enable community volunteer staff members to effectively accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Assign, allocate work, and generally oversee volunteer personnel engaged in continuous station operations; performs recruitment, training, scheduling, retention, problem resolution, and performance management.
- Coordinate departmental workshops, special projects, and events; may serve on unit committees and task forces.
- Develop and implement systems to maintain records on station operations, volunteers, equipment, and compliance activities; prepares regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Provide advice and assistance to senior station management in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of modification to existing operations, systems, and procedures.
- Research and make recommendations to management pertaining to acquisition of operating equipment; participates in the development and management of annual operating budgets.
- May provide services as an on-air host, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Communications or related field/experience.
- Minimum 4 years related experience in program management in the broadcasting field, 1 year of which is performing supervisory duties.
- Must have a proven track record in obtaining rating results.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state, and local broadcasting regulations
- Exceptional people skills with a strong emphasis on coaching and growing talent.
- Attention to detail in execution of strategic plan in multiple formats.
- Creativity in interactive and all social media.
- Ability to operate radio equipment
- Knowledge of on-air and remote broadcasting processes and procedures.
- Excellent motivation, servant leadership, and organizational skills.
- Collaborative management style.
- Computer proficiency.