Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retailcommercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
***THIS POSITION IS BASED IN GREATER KANSAS CITY, MO AND WILL REQUIRE RELOCATION***
Responsible for all Inbound and Outbound operations of a 900K sq ft distribution center. This includes receiving product accurately and in a timely fashion into the facility, as well as order fulfillment and shipping orders out of the building. Ensures adequate order cycle and delivery times to meet customer's needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, monitors and coaches performance at the employee and department level. Directly and/or indirectly supervises all employees within the inbound and outbound departments.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the departments. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Acts as an integral part of the site's Management team, works together with team to focus on current issues & opportunities, as well as long-term strategies.
- Works to establish a high degree of mutual trust and respect between employees, shifts, and departments by resolving conflicts consistently and objectively. Encourages collaboration and teamwork.
- Plans/schedules the efficient use of manpower and equipment to accomplish objectives.
- Maintains contact with carriers to ensure delivery schedules are met and load quality meets customer requirements
- Ensures disciplinary actions are being handled promptly and consistently by all supervisors on each shift.
- Plans and continuously monitors departmental operations to ensure that all work requirements and customer needs are being met.
- Works closely with Facilities and Maintenance staff to ensure all equipment is in safe, working order.
- Maintains a highly motivated workforce by timely communications, displaying an attitude of consistency and fairness, focused recognition for good work and ideas, etc.
- Leads continuous improvement processes throughout the facility.
- Develops and provides key performance metrics and countermeasures on a regular basis to all levels of the organization.
- Oversees all departmental budgets of shift. Responsible for each department's annual budgetary performance.
- Other duties as requested
Education and Experience Profile
- 7-10 years of Supervisory experience in a fast-paced, high volume distribution environment is required.
- A 4-year bachelor's degree is required. (Distribution Management, Industrial Engineering, Transportation, or Business Management). A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems is required, Red Prairie preferred.
Working conditions are normal for a distribution environment.
- Physical Strengths: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands , arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
- Protective Equipment: The ability to wear all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Proper Lifting Techniques: The ability to properly lift heavy objects or equipment. This includes the knowledge of correct bending and lifting techniques as needed to properly position and use one's hands, feet, legs, arms, and back to lift objects or equipment, and to push, pull, and carry heavy objects.
- Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the warehouse, other Spectrum Brands HHI property or additional work areas.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: The ability to coordinate one's eyes with one's fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Visual Acuity: The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs, video displays) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to make quick, accurate, skillful, coordinated movements of one hand , one hand in coordination with its arm, or two hands to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects.
- Stamina: The ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
- Climbing: The ability to climb, work, and carry items up and down ladders.
- Work Conditions: The ability to perform job activities, with appropriate intermittent relief where applicable, under difficult work conditions such as in extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, while exposed to constant/intermittent sounds.
- Lifts 26-40 pounds without assistance many times a day and also lifts 41-75 pounds without assistance daily. Additionally, this role lifts 76-100 pounds with assistance daily.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.