Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for managing and overseeing warehouse operations, to ensure overall location compliance with company policies and procedures. In this role, will also supervise shipping and delivery, facility and vehicle maintenance, and ensure proper product handling and storage procedures.
- Manage operating costs for location, while maintaining support to ensure safety and customer satisfaction.
- Manage location specific product program, and make adjustments based upon market conditions.
- Oversee Warehouse personnel including Drivers, Warehouse Assistants and Foremen.
- Work with the Assistant Operations Manager or Operations Supervisor to ensure all assigned tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with General/Port Managers to coordinate delivery schedules.
- Work with location staff to coordinate cost effective delivery routes.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance of truck fleet is performed on a regular basis.
- Implement proper equipment monitoring procedures for product maintenance.
- Review current and potential product issues with Sales team.
- Monitor inventory count with Office Manager, on a daily basis.
- Conduct safety meetings to ensure proper communication and exchange of information between departments.
- Manage location’s fruit inspection program.
- Train staff on proper fruit handling and delivery procedures.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year degree in a related field from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years prior experience working in a multi-product, food manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years prior management or supervisory experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Must be able to work in a wet, cold (<40 degrees) environment for extended periods of time (8+ hours).