Cobham is seeking an Operations Manager that will achieve team operational performance metrics targets including Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Inventory; drive continuous improvement through root cause problem solving methods; build People to Get Results – develop bench strength within the Integrated Product Team (IPT); assist the development and execution of the Sales Inventory and Operations Plans (SIOP) focusing on capacity and material planning, with a proactive approach to mitigate risk to the forecast and budget plans. This position is located Davenport, IA.
- Drive operational KPI’s within Standard Operating Framework (SOF) performance managementsystem and strategy deployment.
- Lead, develop, and execute plans for Operations in SIOP process.Serve as Continuous Improvement Champion, leading cross functional groups towards the future state to include: productivity improvements, waste elimination, variation reduction, team strategy deployment, teaming, and recognition.
- Lead daily plan execution, including prioritization for Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisors, Material Planners, and Quality Engineers supporting the Value Stream; as well assupporting site wide initiatives in Supply Chain and Quality.
- Ensure all operational processes are carried out in accordance with safety, quality and environmental systems and procedures.
- Plays an active role in developing the weekly/monthly production schedules to support SIOP plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part ofeveryday activities.
- Achieve agreed upon Value Stream goals for KPI’s (Key Process Indicators) which include safety, quality, delivery, cost, inventory and responsiveness.
- Utilize lean and Six Sigma concepts within the Value Stream for Root cause problem solving and improvement opportunities.
- Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly reviews of key metrics and actions to improve.
- Coaching and Mentoring of Direct Reports; ePDR updates
- Ability to lead a team toward a common vision and goal
- Develop talent within the team.
- Support customer requirements as needed. Customer focused mentality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering, technical or business discipline.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an operations management or manufacturing leadership role.
- Experience managing cost budgets and creating operational plans.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Five years of experience in an operations management or manufacturing leadership role
- Experience with business finance and linking financial outcomes with operational actions and strategy
- Thorough working knowledge of LeanSix Sigma enterprise
- Ability to lead and facilitate progressive change and deal effectively with all levels ofmanagement
- Ability to think strategically and develop operational plans
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skill