5 - 7 years
Posted 43 days ago
The Operations Manager is responsible for overall plant and location operations in accordance with safety guidelines, business plans, company goals and regional strategies. Responsibility for multiple plants and locations may fall under the duties of this position. Reports directly to the General Manager at the assigned plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Directs and oversees organization's inventory and delivery processes.
* Responsible for the planning and directing trucks, dispatching routes, and driver utilization on a daily basis.
* Participates in the procurement of all raw materials, supplies and other production needs for primary plant location as well as various loading sites within service area.
* Responsible for preparing various month end reports to include monthly inventory counts of raw materials and supplies.
* Actively involved in maintenance of plant facilities and equipment, provides advice and assistance where necessary to complete assigned tasks, upgrades or repairs.
*Responsible for meeting or exceeding customers' expectations for service on a daily basis in a professional and ethical manner. Heavily involved in the customer experience, to include job site visits when necessary.
* Reviews and discusses results of production reports and profit-loss statements.
* Enforces compliance with all OSHA regulations and ensures plants operate in a safe and secure manner through coordination with local and regional EH&S resources.
* Coordinates with the Quality Control department to ensure all direct reports and related equipment meet the quality standards in accordance to company standards.
* Promotes and enforces a culture of excellence directed towards the plant fundamentals of: Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Housekeeping and Preventative Maintenance.
* Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis, as needed to support the successful business operation.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Recruiting, New hire training, coaching and counseling and completing appropriate documentation for each
* Responsible for managing time keeping system (Kronos) and appropriate personnel actions.
* Directly reviews and monitors efforts and initiatives carried out by the direct reports and other plant personnel.
* Conducting meetings, safety, informational, and motivational.
* Responsible for evaluating the performance, training needs, professional development, and discipline of direct reports.
*Bachelor's Degree, preferred in Business Administration, Engineering or related field
* Minimum 5-7 years related experience and/or training in related functions; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Prior experience in multi-site production/manufacturing environment preferred.
* Must have valid CDL driver's license.
* Must have ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financialreports and legal documents.
* Proficient in MS Office suite, web-based data management tools and Internet applications.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and peers.
*Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
*Must have the ability to define problems, collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Must have ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematic or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables