The Manager, Customer Care is a strong people leader who has the ability to balance the short and long term while thinking strategically and executing at a tactical level. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and a collaborative leader who is passionate about coaching and developing leaders, and has an interest in the Carvana customer experience. The Customer Care Manager will drive results and work closely to mentor and develop our Team Leads.
UPDATE: We have taken steps to support the health and well-being of current and potential employees. Our interview process is hosted virtually and our training programs are now delivered online. This role is currently remote/home-based, with the intention of returning to our Tempe corporate office in the future. **Must live within the Phoenix, Arizona area**
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and managing a team of expert-level Team Leads; providing guidance, training, and motivation.
- Driving production in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Executing while constantly looking for process improvements.
- Help recruit, select, onboard, train, and coach new hires.
- Develop and implement improvements to processes and operations.
- Maintain and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports of quality metrics and respective targets and goals.
- Proactively communicate with senior leaders regarding business performance, adverse impact of decisions on customers and potential risks to the business.
- Be a continuous positive force within the office, creating strong morale and spirit throughout the Advocate team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution is required.
- 7+ years’ leadership experience in a customer-facing team environment.
- 4+ years of experience managing other People Leaders.
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency.
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees.
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement.
- Demonstrated ability grasping technical and complex concepts and clearly explaining them to others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Willingness to work on weekends.
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country