At the direction of the RVP, the Operations Manager will provide assistance and support to the RVP for departmental functions to include planning, evaluating, implementing and reporting on departmental operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for providing assistance in the oversight of business activities, strategic planning and development, and program administration. One of the roles of the Operations Manager is to function as departmental liaison to customers.
- Assists with the overall leadership for all departmental functions to include managing, planning, directing, and evaluating departmental operations.
- Provides fiscal oversight of operations and provides financial reports to the RVP. Recommends and evaluates cost control compliance and seeks new and innovative ways to reduce costs of labor and materials.
- Directly supervises and maintains responsibility for their unit within the department, including directing the efforts of and supervising management and other staff members.
- Participates in the development of short-term and long-term departmental goals and objectives
- Provides advice and input in matters pertaining to the administration of University-wide programs and initiatives that involve the Company.
- Provides advice and input in managing strategic plans and the development of integrated programs.
- At the discretion of the RVP, serves as liaison and assists in the coordination of activities across departments to ensure that departments are not working at cross purposes to others.
- Monitors, evaluates and provides advice on process development, compliance and internal controls and provides information and reporting to management.
- Advises with developing, and implementing new policies or revisions to existing policies.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field and participates in training and professional development sessions.
- Serves on various committees and user groups as requested.
- Minimum Four year college degree
- Five to ten years progressive POM management & leadership experience and a proven record of cost containment in a large complex organization.
- Experience in College/University Facility required.
- Leader who is visionary with strong management, planning and communications skills. Must have the ability to see and understand the inter-connections between various operating units.
- General business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High Customer Service and quality attitude, with great communication skills.
- Public speaking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.