The Operations Manager is responsible for assuring patient satisfaction with service received from point of initial contact for inquiries, scheduling, concerns and follow up as needed. Responsibilities include supervision and retention of PSA staff, assisting HR with hiring and training of staff, facilitates patient flow, oversees patient scheduling, registration and posting of encounter data, ensures collections are maximized, maintains clean, comfortable, and safe facility, serves as technical support for all insurance referrals and prior authorization procedures, ensures that all office procedures are in support of the CHC mission statement and policies.
The Operations Manager will manage the team at the site(s) by actively being on the floor and listening to communications between staff and patients. As necessary the manager will step in and function as a PSA to assist with work flows and functionality of the department and CHC as a team. This includes but is not limited to checking in patients, assisting with Kiosk communication to patients, and taking calls.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to effectively hire employees in collaboration with Regional VP, Practice Administrator, and HR Department, maintaining compliance with CHC protocols as directed by Human Resources department.
- Complies with all company training programs for new hires and existing staff to insure success of the site(s).
- Conducts performance reviews for direct reports according to position responsibilities and objectives.
- Retrains providers and staff as needed regarding coding protocols
- Supervises, motivates, and retains employees to ensure successful operation of the sites
- Maintains customer satisfaction up to and including taking complaints and communicating with patients
- Collaborates as a member of the Site leadership team
- Adheres to company policies and procedures including developing corrective action plans and following disciplinary procedures for direct reports
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the components aged A/R and actively collaborates with front office staff and patient accounts department to proactively identify and resolve problems and ensure maximum revenue collection including follow up on all patient payment arrangements to ensure collection
- Ensures patients are seen by appropriate PCP’s according to the specific insurance contracts
- Consistently works with ATC staff to ensure appropriate appointments are made for patients seeking eligibility assistance
- Complies with Affordable Care Act policies and procedures for self-pay patients including assisting the Champions for ACA, and assisting patients with understanding our policies and getting access to our ACA staff to help apply for coverage with AccessHealthCt
- Supervises and ensures effective and accurate appointment scheduling according to protocols and policies for maximum provider productivity
- Maintains provider templates, adjusts for seasonal needs, compensates for cancellations and no-shows
- Monitors Payer Mix for each site maintaining accurate access for patients and their insurance types
- Provides technical assistance to other patient services managers or staff with CHC
- Facilitates and leads meetings as necessary to support the team and site(s)
- Complies with and ensures annual trainings protocols are followed
- Maintains proper office supply inventory and coordinates the ordering, receipt and payment of all office supplies in compliance with purchasing policies
- Ensures an orderly and neat facility at all times
- Ensures that all staff exhibit excellent customer service skills in all contacts and that all activity is in support of CHCI’s mission statement.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degreerequired plus a minimum of 4+ years’ experience in healthcare services setting
- Minimum two years supervisory experience
- In-depth knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding for maximizing appropriate reimbursements
- Prior experience with computerized appointment scheduling and computerized medical billing
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and private insurance carriers and payer regulations
- Superior judgment, negotiation, and decision-making skills
- Proven conflict management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Effective communication at all levels in the organization with strong oral, written and negotiation skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Reliable access to automobile/valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Hours vary. Our schedules are either Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm or 10am-7pm with some evening and Saturdays hours.
- Minimal physical effort. Must be able to operate computer and telephone continuously. Regular regional travel as necessary.