The Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of production activities and employee placement/training/development to cost effectively produce a high quality products. Responsible for the entire production department and other duties as assigned. Held accountable for all financial, safety, quality, and regulatory matters in their department. The manager will ensure all food preparation and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations. Maintain and foster a ZERO HURT culture, in regards to safety performance and compliance across the manufacturing facilities.
- Member of the Columbia, MO management team
- Development of site strategic plan for all of production department to support annual budget and 2-3 year growth plan.
- Coaching, mentoring, and development of all plant & production department.
- Accountability for management of external technical relationships with contractors, equipment vendors, ingredient vendors & corporate resources.
- Provide technical leadership and site compliance with EPA and OSHA requirements in concert with designated functional experts to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Provide site leadership to achieve maximization/optimization of capital assets and site utilization as well as lead safety initiatives in technical areas
- Planning & Execution
- Develop short term and long range capital investment plans for production lines to increase throughput, provide safer operation, and focus on cost reduction.
- Help support and develop robust production planning process focusing on efficiency, changeover reduction, and performance improvements.
- Continuous Improvement
- Develop and support strategies with Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies into the Master Plan
- Provide leadership for the application of CI tools, and training to meet business objectives
- Provide site leadership for technical solutions to operational problems including systems optimization, debottlenecking, and troubleshooting when needed
- Support and develop resource pool for ongoing CI projects and tasks
- Training & Development
- Coach and develop Production Supervisors and Leads into strong leaders that support Beyond Meat's Values and Competencies
- Provide strategy and support for maintenance teams, development of tools and resources, personnel selection, training and development
- Develop robust training plan for all production related critical roles
- Development of Playbooks, One Point Lessons, Job Aides for critical roles and tasks
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or similar field preferred
- 7-10 years of production leadership experience required
- Technical experience in project management, continuous improvement, problem solving related to a food manufacturing environment
- Strong track record of performance improvement, change agent, strong safety & quality mindset
- Strong leadership skills, including experience leading others in projects or programs, and the ability to successfully interact with individuals representing other areas or interests and the ability to manage team leaders and mechanics
- Understanding and experience interacting with multiple business functions, including Safety, Quality, Human Resources, Warehousing & Maintenance
- Ability to identify potential business solutions involving a broad scope of thinking across businesses and functions to develop new innovation, problem solving tools, and continuous improvement methodologies through strong influence and collaboration