As a Manager in FAS’ Client Account Services, you’ll spend your days developing a diverse crew – multiple teams across different sites – by providing guidance, personalized coaching, and constructive feedback. Fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and challenging work environment will enable a culture of engagement and trust. Your crew will seek your expertise in understanding the needs of external clients to enable personalized and seamless service. Attracting, developing, and retaining a talented workforce will deepen the connection between operational performance and our clients’ expectations.
In this role, you’ll ensure that all client interactions (phone calls and transactional processing) are responded to professionally and within defined service levels. Continuous monitoring of these services will help to confirm that crew have the right resources and are trained appropriately. You’ll also make recommendations to strengthen processes, tools, and metrics, thus meeting key business unit indicators.
Due to the high-dollar transactions and a large client base, Managers must apply strong analytical and problem solving skills in a high-pressure environment that demands precision in decision-making while weighing business risk.
In addition to leading and developing crew, you’ll build and manage relationships with internal partners and stakeholders. With a seat at the leadership table, you’ll identify and lead projects that improve internal work flows, enhance client services, and drive efficiencies. You’ll also be a key contributor in defining and implementing business objectives around operational excellence and crew experience.
Link to FAS video
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff, providing guidance, training and motivation necessary to develop team. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends actions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures
2. Ensures that all client calls are responded to professionally and within defined service levels. Continually ensures quality of calls through phone monitoring.
3. Oversees the timely and accurate processing of all transaction requests, ensures that large transaction reporting guidelines are continually followed and key business unit indicators are met.
4. Manages internal client relationships (i.e. IIS Client Services, Fund Financial Services, Money Transfers, and Systems Integration). Proactively builds relationships to ensure support for our clients’ needs.
5. Understands the needs and expectations of external clients and ensures that the staff is trained to meet their needs. Maintains ultimate accountability for ensuring that your bank relationships receive the services appropriate to their needs.
6. Identifies and leads projects that will improve the internal work flows, or enhance the services that we provide to clients.
7. Participates as a key contributor in defining and implementing business plan objectives.
8. Participates in operationally oriented meetings with clients, and occasionally attend industry conferences.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent combination of training and experience; graduate degreepreferred.
- Minimum five years related business experience.
- Minimum two years supervisor experiencepreferred.
- Knowledge of mutual fund industry preferred.
- Understanding of call center and processing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills.
- Sound business judgment and decision making processes.
- Demonstrated flexibility in leading a diverse, multi-functional group.
- Ability to generate creative approaches in structuring department functions.
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop staff.
- Experience with VAST, AWD, NSCC and Client Inquiry preferred.