Job Title: Operations Manager (new facility)
Location: central NC, near both Charlotte and Winston-Salem
Compensation: $105-120k + 10% target bonus (outperform potential)
Benefits: OUTSTANDING benefits package, relo assistance
About our Client:
Our client, a leader in the production of compounded resins for use in a variety of applications, is experiencing rapid growth and expansion of its North American and U.S. facilities. A new facility in NC is opening later in 2017, and the company is seeking an Operations Manager, with additional project responsibilities in terms of leading the staffing and management of several functional areas throughout the start-up as hiring manager, & ensuring continuous operations for the new facility in a safe and effective manner while delivering high quality results in a time schedule that is pre-defined. This is an exciting opportunity for a top performer to establish themselves with a worldwide leader in resin technology, putting your imprimatur on the organization thru surrounding yourself w/ highly effective talent in the technical, management, and non-technical positions.
- Liaison with Human Resources, acting as the primary hiring manager in the start-up phases of the facility
- Plant is operated in accordance with the obligations of the operating permit(s) (legal compliance)
- All procedures and work instructions are in place, known and followed. Location team is effectively trained to produce and test product, start-up, shut-down, and clean equipment
- Initial trial objectives are well known, understood and supported by the location team.
- Key point of contact for initial line start-up and functional testing
- Management of initial maintenance planning, execution and budgeting
- Supports lab design activities, initial equipment & testing startup and training
- State-of-the-art process technology as well as reliable, effective and efficient operation of the automotive plant. Delivers against agreed upon targets on-time.
- Production team management
- Quality Assurance for location (IATF 16949). Site lab activities including capital planning, training, utilization, reliability, and testing / reporting.
- Compliance with group policies, procedures, instructions, ethics and values by checking, defining and implementing corrective actions to avoid damage to people, fixed assets or the environment.
- Good communication and networking within the plant as well as with external partners. Works closely with the local community to market employment opportunities.
- Fixed costs for entire site
- Identifies and proposes asset development opportunities for the plant. Advises on allocated investment projects.
- Direct supervisor of salaried and hourly employees, which will transition to salaried employees, which will transition to salaried employees throughout the plant start up stages
- Hiring mgr./staffingexperience – keen eye for talent, major decision maker in hiring process to ensure quality of hire
- Involved in decisions regarding safe operation of the Plant, linked to the responsible person for handling and all safety procedures and safe operations
- Chemical Engineeringdegree (Master’s degreepreferred or B.S. degree with 7-10+ years with similar experience)
- Advanced leadership and networking experience
- Very good planning & resource management skills
- Process engineeringexperience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Superb communication and motivation skills