The Operations Manager provides managerial leadership to supervisors and direction to the organization to meet customer goals and expectations in support of the company's policies and General Manager's objectives. This individual ensures productivity levels are reached in an effective and efficient manner maintains quality performance objectives and assists in cost control programs. Manages staffing and training issues and administers discipline.
- Develops and implements effective and efficient operation plans.
- Maintains and enhances relationship with the customer through daily contact, to ensure an open-line of communication.
- Promotes the maintenance of a quality system.
- Conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Manages and directs supervisors and employees.
- Conducts discipline and corrective action.
- Handles problem calls.
- Reviews all error investigation reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Manages and coordinates maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Management or related field is required. At least three (3) years' experience in Logistics is required.
- Three years' experience in Logistics, Warehousing, or Transportation
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees Preferred:
- Proficient in Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, and web-based applications.