Your future team
AIG’s Underwriting Operations drive end-to-end process, controls and efficiencies that support the business and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation to bring to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s Underwriting Operations help to find solutions for business strategies through process and controls to establish consistent performance.
AIG has an exciting opportunity to join the Underwriting Operations team to support the Casualty and Financial Lines business units.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader, you are respected for your technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes. You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Develops key relationships with the underwriting leaders to execute on the end-to-end underwriting processes.
- Works closely with underwriters and CoE partners to develop and deliver tailored solutions.
- Mentors and collaborates with team members in order to further develop internal talent
- Works with team members and underwriters to determine needs and provide solutions in alignment with the global strategy of standardization to manage control and maximize efficiency.
- Administers guidelines and processes to ensure consistency, global controls adherence, workload sharing, and best practice knowledge transfer.
- Assume an active role in the implementation of the Standard Commercial Underwriting Platform transformation.
- Communicates and collaborates across the organization to provide solutions/recommendations to achieve organizational success.
- Drive end-to-end process, controls and efficiencies straight through implementation and provide on-going support.
- Support data/reporting for various scorecards, KPIs and management reports.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of five years of insurance/underwriting experience. Property lines preferred.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are required.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, negotiating and leadership skills.