The Operations Manager is responsible for leading the operations department in maximizing the economic yield of the refinery based on the refinery volume plan, and to do so by the safe, prudent, efficient, and effective operation of the assets of the refinery. This position reports to the Refinery Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the refinery at minimum energy consumption consistent with mechanical integrity of equipment, environmental regulations, and maximum overall profitability.
- Maximize yield of high products consistent with mechanical and hydraulic constraints of equipment.
- Advise the refinery manager regarding the processing capabilities of the equipment.
- Have a deep understanding of the process hazards present at the refinery, and formulate plans to reduce the likelihood of these hazards impacting personnel or the community at large.
- Create an atmosphere of safety consciousness that results in routinely safe behavior and practices.
- Provide oversight of the training at regular intervals for all staff levels to improve plant operations and safe work practices. Maintain training records to document required and desirable participation in company and outside programs.
- Develop procedures which minimize the number and extent of environmental excursions. Promptly report any occurrences, and consult with Engineering as to process changes that further reduce the environmental impact of the refinery operations.
- Become actively involved in the community, alert for opportunities to recruit new employees and to answer questions about the operation of the plant.
- Prepare annual operating budgets from the volume plans including personnel requirements.
- Anticipate retirement of employees through consultation with Human Resources and plan training programs to provide for a smooth transfer of knowledge.
- Maintain schedules for 24/7 employees, projecting vacation needs and training time.
- Attend industry functions and participate in working groups that advance knowledge of refining technical and business issues.
- 10+ years operating and/or engineering experience in a refinery or petrochemical facility
- Strong leadership skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.