At Bodycote what we do matters and as a member of our team, what you do matters too. Are you seeking a leadership role? Do you have a knack for training and developing people? As the Operations Manager you will be hands on directing and guiding other employees in a heavy industrial plant environment processing metal components for customers for the HIP division. In addition you will:
- Ensure safe working conditions, safe employee behaviors, and administer the safety programs within the guidelines established by the company.
- Direct production activities and conduct daily production meetings including Supervisors, Customer Service, Maintenance, and Quality personnel.
- Actively drive a customer service oriented organization that results in exceeding customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Hire, develop, and inspire high performing operations team; always appropriately staffed to meet site commitments.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement activities to improve asset utilization, throughput efficiency, service, quality, delivery, and productivity. Maintain metrics to visibly measure performance and drive actions to increase operations effectiveness.
- Fiscally responsible oversight of operations including, not limited to sales (invoices, credits and collections), purchasing (ordering, invoice approval), capital expenditure requirements and payroll.
- Collaborate with functional peers to ensure site commitments are met for both customers and sub-division.
- Responsible for enforcing company handbook and communicates with Office Manager and/or Regional Human Resources Manager on matters relating to discipline.
- May have access to compensation information of other employees or applicants in this role and as such cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to other individuals.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- This position must satisfy ITAR compliance requirements, therefore candidates must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Resident Card Holder.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or materials science; Master's Degree or advanced financial training is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years operations experience, including P&L experience, management responsibility, and demonstrated success leading/operating efficiency improvements.
- Six-Sigma Black Belt certification is strongly desired; green belt certification is required.
- Data driven approach with the ability to compile and analyze complex information in order to drive key business decisions.
- Ability to effectively connect with employees at all levels to maintain positive and productive relationships with the workforce. Ability to effectively communicate at an executive level with internal and external stakeholders.