RH Business Support is looking for a capable Operations Manager for a client's growing services-based company in the Howard/Baltimore/Ann Arundel County area. The Operations Manager will provide oversight of all administrative and office operations and provide critical coordination between corporate management and line management. Bilingual (English/Spanish) capability is highly desirable for this role.
- Support the CEO in the development, communication, implementation and evaluation of company growth strategy.
- Collaborate with the CEO to develop, communicate and improve operating procedures for the company.
- Direct day-to-day internal operations, including the supervision of all administrative staff and administrative staff functions including benefit plans, payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing.
- Maintain responsibility for client communication, including staffing, employee performance, accounts receivable, and ongoing logistics.
- Contribute to the development of the company?s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Travel to various job sites in the Maryland, DC, and Northern VA areas when necessary.
- In collaboration with line management, ensure that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws.
- Maintain and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures, including safety.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Assume overall responsibility for hiring of administrative positions within the company, including payroll and front office staff.
- Manage work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Direct the development of company personnel policies and procedures, and manage and measure adherence to those policies.
- Assist in financial management of the company.
- Manage monetary resources in such a manner to keep the contractwithin budget guidelines and meet all budget objectives.
- Manage funding allocations, payment collections, processing of job orders, and processing subcontract modifications.
- Support field operations management in ensuring compliance with customer specifications and quality standards, and fulfillment of contractual obligations.
- Bachelor's degree in management, accounting/financial management or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6years?experience in general management and/or construction management.
- Bilingual capability ? English/Spanish ? highly desirable (please indicate on resume).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, and database entry.
- MUST be able to manage travel time to Northern Virginia, DC, and within the state of Maryland. (Eligible for mileage reimbursement.)
- Must be very detail-oriented.
- Must have good problem-solving skills.
- Must have record of demonstrated professionalism and integrity.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to perform under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Work Environment: This position is in a busy small office environment.
NO phone calls please
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer