ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Business Development efforts to develop business backlog and secure contracts
- Plan, direct, and coordinate shop and field operations for timely (schedule) and cost effective execution of the work (budget/margin) primarily from the Anchorage office with regular site visits at project locations
- Prepare, monitor, control and analyze operational budget and expenditures to ensure that the cost of the work is consistent with the estimate or budget
- Experienced in estimating work, planning, scheduling, logistics, execution (self-performed) and a basis of measuring work results from a quality and cost effective basis
- Develop a work progress reporting system based on quantities installed and/or complete for all shop and field operations measured against man-hours reported to determine productivity
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures in the shop and field construction activities relative to applicable Environmental and Health & Safety management plans. All tasks shall be evaluated for the HSE risks involved with corresponding mitigations
- Maintains consistent and effective leadership to execute current and long-range company plans
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard as staffing requirements dictate
- In coordination with the HSE Manager and Shop Supervisor provide all applicable equipment and HSE training to employees, verify employee qualifications for certain shop and field activities and maintain training records
- Plan resources, give work direction, resolve problems, prepare schedules, and set deadlines to ensure timely completion of work, effective production and distribution of goods and/or services
- Plan, allocate and maintain owned equipment and as applicable outside equipment rentals in coordination with equipment manager to ensure all equipment is well maintained and serviced
- Actively build and maintain customer and community relations in order to provide superior customer service
- Work with local agencies as the ACHC and subsidiary point of contact to address complaints and resolve issues
- Attend local meetings as necessary
- Maintain effective, safe and uncluttered, clean operations in all shop operations (inside and yard) and field projects
- Health, Safety, and Environmental:
- Timely notification of all incidents, including injuries, spills, near-misses and employee issues.
- Assist in incident investigations, developing action items, and completing incident documentation.
- Communication of all pertinent Safety Bulletins, Procedure and Policy changes.
- Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Be an avenue for concerns or suggestions from employees to help promote the Company continuous improvement and zero-incident culture.
- Understand, support, and comply with Company’s safety culture to ensure a safe work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality in handling company matters
- Possess a strong knowledge, understanding, and sensitivity to the Inupiat culture
Direct reports: Project Administrators, purchasing, detailing, design/engineering, craft and supervision
Carry out managerial responsibilities, which include: interviewing, hiring, disciplining, coaching and training, addressing and resolving employee concerns, planning, assigning, directing work and assessing job performance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Business related field
- Five (5) years’ of increasingly responsible experience in an operations environment
- Thorough knowledge and application of general business practices
- Sound administrative skills, well-developed management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Ability to write business correspondence in a professional manner
- Effective oral communication with the ability to represent the company and give presentations as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft product suite and Vista construction software