Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the manufacturing operations to assure the timely and safe production of quality pressure poured rail wheels. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively leading the operations and maintenance areas to achieve plant goals.
- Enforcing all safety regulations, policies and procedures to maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Implementing strategies to maintain and improve product quality, operating efficiencies, and continuous improvement.
- Leadership and development of employees while creating a positive work culture.
- Creating goals and setting expectations, including accountability for departments and employees.
- Ensuring employees are properly trained to build their skills and ensure departments meet goals.
- Maintaining communication through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and written reports.
Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of integrated manufacturing systems, quality systems, and related predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering.
- Proven history as a leader in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Area Manager or higher role in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishment in a leadership role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Most have excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within an organization.