Coeur Mining, Inc. is the largest U.S.-based primary silver producer and a growing gold producer. The Company has five precious metals mines in the Americas generating strong production, sales and cash flow.
The Operations Manager, in a remote underground mining operation, directs the activities of the site mine, supply chain, technical services and maintenance departments. Supports the General Manager in the day-to-day Kensington Mine functions and is held accountable for all mine activities in the absence of the General Manager. As a member of the senior management team, this position is accountable for meeting or exceeding all budgeted production, safety and environmental compliance objectives.
- Conduct meetings with direct reports and senior staff
- Daily communication with direct reports and senior staff
- Develop site-wide strategies to achieve site goals
- Establish accountabilities to site KPI’s
Under the guidance of the General Manager, coordinate with senior level technical and support function leadership at the corporate level
- Incorporating input into site strategies and goals
- Enlisting assistance to resolve site issues
- Providing site support and guidance as it pertains to Coeur’s strategic initiatives.
Act as site representative in absence of the General Manager
- Engaging members and leaders of the community
- Establishing appropriate business relationships that support both Coeur’s and the sites strategic initiatives
- Interacting with governmental agencies to identify potential alignment issues with the sites long term strategy
- B.S. degree in mining engineering or related discipline.
- A MBA or Masters degree in a required discipline is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in roles of progressively greater responsibility
- Possess strong communication, written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of site and corporate employees and management
- Accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work product.
- Effectively coordinate departmental activities, services, and schedules to ensure smooth and efficient operation of work.
- Proven team leadership qualities including building the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and staff.
- Decision Modeling - Able to consider issues, identify alternatives, and choose/implement solutions