AECOM is seeking an Operations Manager to lead our facility maintenance team of multi-skilled technicians in an aviation components manufacturing facility in Lafayette, IN.
This position requires 5+ years in industrial facility maintenance management, Predictive Maintenance (PdM) experience, and a strong background in industrial safety to be successful.
The Operations & Maintenance Manager is fully responsible for the overall operation of facility and production maintenance infrastructures.
- Leverages leadership and organizational management skills to ensure the success of business expansion.
- Manages the operation and completes tasks to the satisfaction of each client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements.
- Develops, presents, and manages compliance to key performance indicators.
- Directly responsible for P&L and budgeting.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises activities and distributes workload to maintain productivity and quality objectives .
- Directly interacts wi th clients and manages relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition, this position is responsible for all basic management responsibilities including, but not limited to: staffing and development, evaluation and recognition, leadership, and employee relations.
- Invests in team-building to create and develop a cohesive team.
- Leads multi-skilled employee development, including development and training plans for technical personnel.
- Researches and formulates related policies and procedures to ensure all associated administrative procedures are current and audit ready.
- Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
The Operations & Maintenance Manager ensures the safety and well-being of employees, safeguards company funds and property, and generally represents AECOM in the field with respect to the client.
- Oversees day-to-day production maintenance operations and maintenance of client's buildings, facilities and equipment focusing on keeping all equipment in an operating and functional condition by directing a workforce consisting of technical and non-technical employees.
- Influences, develops and controls budget, costs, staff and vendors by planning, scheduling, implementing processes and drafting procedures.
- Utilizes strong organizational and problem solving skills and creative thinking to introduce and manage change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions; e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; properly manage employee personal information.
- Identify and maintain accountability for company assets within assigned area and ensure employees understand their obligation to protect company assets.
- Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
- Works proactively to identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes these issues using appropriate resources, and develops and implements optimum alternatives.
- Develop and recommend long-range goals and short-range objectives as well as plans and practices to produce optimum results. Direct day-to-day operations to attain established goals and objectives. Monitor performance against approved plans.
- Clearly understands AECOM scope of work and contract requirements for the area of responsibility.
- Supports AECOM management as the designated AECOM agent for all discussions and negotiations with customers.
- Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
For more information, please contact Tracy Story at email@example.com!
Within AECOM, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients' industrial, manufacturing, distribution, pharmaceutical, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, Industrial Electricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Logistics / Crib Management, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers' facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- These are full-time, regular positions with AECOM that offer a full benefits package.
- Check us out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gwbf-_Jt-Q !
- Come join our team!
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, facilities management, or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five years of progressively responsible facilities or production operations & maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver's License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client's location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Work schedules can change based on critical business needs
Two years of experience in a leadership position demonstrating the ability to analyze Production Maintenance related problems (i.e. Electrical, Controls, Automation, Robotics, Mechanical); then recognize and determine solutions for resolution. This includes but is not limited to; opportunities for improved asset reliability, improved quality results, safer work conditions, and lower maintenance cost, and improved work plans to increase efficiency.
Experience managing a multi-skilled workforce to deliver positive results.
Experience troubleshooting PLCs and complex industrial electrical systems.
Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M's, etc.
Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.