Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Under the authority of the General Manager, the role of the Operations Manager is to act as a leader in the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of various activities related to production, planning, and industrial engineering to ensure organizational goals are met. In this sense, it must optimize the overall productivity of the factory and maintain a high level quality of the products, Also, improve the quality of the labor relationships, the health & safety culture at work as well as the maintenance of the equipment.
- Partner with the local Varennes factory team to manage the operations of the business
- Key contributor to improve productivity, efficiency and profitability of the business
- Reinforcing the leadership direction through timely and consistent communication support of the strategy, goals, and financial situation
- The successful candidate will be results oriented and a team player who can see the big picture, yet focus on details and timeliness
- The candidate will play an active role in the development of short and long-term strategy and participate with the management team to develop strategic plans, annual budget, and weekly forecast plans to profitably growth the business.
- Ensure prevention activities are conducted to provide employees with a safe workplace
- Plan all production activities to maximize the profitability of the various resources and ensure that deadlines are met
- Supervise and coordinate all operations staff (Production, Planning, and Industrial Engineering) according to the priorities established by management
- Ensure the maintenance of an adequate preventive maintenance program and proper corrective action plan for tools and other instruments
- With the collaboration of the other departments, carry out activities of cost reduction, continuous improvement, manufacturing process and quality improvements.
- Work closely with the Human Resources Business Partner to strengthen the labor relationships.
- Ensure the application of plant rules and regulations, company policies and procedures to maintain the established HSSE and quality requirements.
- Participate in the management team of the Varennes plant as well as other committees related to the functions
- HR and Organization development
- The candidate will be responsible for the management, development and optimization of four direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or Administration
- 10 years of relevant management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in personnel management in unionized environment
- Bilingual: French and English both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.