What We?re Looking For
The Operations Manager is responsible for executing operational priorities for the continued success of programs with one of our university partners. S/he focuses on leading the execution of operational tactics and activities, along with providing support for strategic business priorities. The Operations Manager will need to be diligent, intellectually curious, good at constructive problem solving with internal and external personnel, and able to relate day-to-day activities to broader program goals. ?The Operations Manager must share 2U?s passion for transforming higher education, and creating great outcomes for students and our university partners.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Process Development and Improvement
- Think critically about current processes, systems and relationships and mitigate issues as they arise
- Manage and create workflow, processes and documentation between systems and groups
- Document and maintain records to ensure process/systems are transparent, transferrable and long-term
- Project Management
- Assist management in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with the team ? update and adapt to changes as needed
- Prioritize requests and escalate as required to senior management
- Identify and troubleshoot problem areas
- Conduct project post mortems and creating recommendation reports
- Provide administrative support to the 2U program team managing multi-stage projects, drafting process documentation, helping resolve open issues, and responding to University requests
- Stakeholder Management
- Effectively manage appropriate relationships and projects both within 2U and with the school to ensure overall success of the program
- Effectively communicate all relevant information to various stakeholders within 2U and with the school
- Understand complex programs, processes and organizational structures and be able to function effectively within them
- Reporting, Budgeting & Revenue/Invoice Reconciliation
- Perform data analysis and compilation for tracking and reporting purposes
- Compile various reports, PPT?s and other materials for reporting program information to various stakeholders
- Collaborate with management to maintain regular oversight of budgets and ensure spending within targets
- Provide administrative leadership ?in the tracking of program budgets, including but not limited to reconciliation and reporting
- Systems Management
- Create and manage software ?tickets? for improvements to technology systems
- Ensure capture of key program events, decisions, and outcomes in programs? knowledge management system
- Handle additional operational and administrative tasks as needed
Things that should be in your background
- Bachelor?s degreerequired
- 4-6 years of experience, with roles including data analysis, operations, or project management
- Strong project management skills essential
- Strong analytical, particularly quantitative skills
- Excellent computer skills, coupled with the ability to quickly learn new software suites and functionality
Other attributes that will help you in this role
- Ability to execute work based on a combination of broad guidance with some explicit instructions
- Ability to constructively problem solve
- Ability to plan and complete multi-stage projects
- Ability to work autonomously to achieve defined project/program goals
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external people
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken communications with internal and external partners
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines and excellent follow through
About?2U?Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in?higher?education. For more than a decade,?2U,?Inc., a global leader in?education?technology, has been improving lives by powering the world?s best digital?education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of?great?universities, we build,?deliver, and support?online?graduate?programs?and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter?, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about?2U?and No Back Row?, visit?2U.com.
2U?Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At?2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other?unique?qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.?
Why It?s?Great?to Work at?2U
2U?offers a high-energy work environment that?s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.?
2U?offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U?is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or?veterans? status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.?2U?s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.