Chewy is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager 2ndShift for our new fulfillment center in Clayton, IN. This leader will be hands-on in a start-up environment and will build and maintain relationships with hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, other FC teams and various departments in the company. This individual will be someone who likes dealing with ambiguity, change, and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day.
What you'll do:
- Manage inbound/outbound activities for the FC, including: receiving, picking, packing, and shipping, across two shifts
- Be a leader in providing a healthy and safe work environment for associates working on the outbound team.
- Direct warehouse supervisory personnel to achieve prescribed objectives, including timely picking, packing, and shipping of customer orders while maintaining the highest possible warehouse on time shipment and low shipment defects.
- Ensure that all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are on target for the operation, such as warehouse misses, on time shipments, shipment defects, aged tasks, and production levels per hour, and cost per order line.
- Lead and supervise a team of Operation Supervisors and Operations Leads
- Drive strategic planning and forecasting
- Leverage the Operations Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area
- Mentor, train and develop Operation Managers for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the FC to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the warehouse
- Utilize the site Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of management experience in fulfillment center/warehouse operations; prefer retail/e-commerce experience
- At least 4 years of management experience in Receiving, Inventory Control, and/or Order Fulfillment
- At least 4 years of proven experience of effectively managing large groups of hourly employees.
- Experience with building or improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Metrics driven mindset
- Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics
- Must flexible to work weekends and/or nightshift