AECOM has an opportunity for an Operations Director at our Chantilly, VA office. The Director is responsible for all operations of contracts based in the Continental United States of the Infrastructure & Engineering Sector. Serves as the primary interface with program managers, project managers, and team leads within the sector and associated functional support activities for these programs. Manages client relationships to enable Operational Excellence and to meet mission requirements.
- Management of operations of several contracts within the Infrastructure & Engineering (I&E) Sector of the Intelligence, Systems Engineering, Security, Services and Solutions (IS4) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
- Implement policy, procedures, and systems consistent with the company mission and competitive practices.
- Ensure systems are maintained and established guidelines are implemented in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare budget and performance plans
- Analyze and review proposals and task orders to ensure potential profitability.
- Support company programs and institute appropriate measures for employee development by mentoring and training staff.
- Maintain an adequate level of personnel, with appropriate levels of skills and training, to staff on-going contract activities and meet contract objectives.
- Participate in contract and change order negotiations and Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Resolve differences between functional policies and practices, and project priorities and philosophies, ensuring project requirements are met.
- Set strategic and tactical direction with regard to systems, work force staffing, budgeting and maintaining technical performance excellence
- Participate in business development (BD) and bid and proposal (B&P) activities in support of the IS4 SBU and I&E Sector
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/construction or demonstrated 20+ years of experience in the Engineering and Construction Industry with 10+ years of management responsibility or equivalent.
- Position will require travel to other offices and job sites.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI w/poly is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred