- Provides information and counsel to stakeholders on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies.
- Works closely with central category manager and community of practice (CoP) to execute in standardized method.
- Develops networks and facilitates cross-functional teams in commodity strategy development, supplier sourcing, and supplier negotiations. Reflect agreed milestones in CMP and deliver to plan.
- Employs financial analysis and economic modeling skills to evaluate supplier proposal pricing and develops flexible contractual pricing models that accommodate inflation, currency, scope changes, and other areas of risk mitigation and cost control.
- Accountable for accuracy of the data relating to market sub-sectors.
- Identify and implement efficiency opportunities in the way we work with our suppliers, drive reliability improvements, optimize resources, and reduce unit cost to leverage market conditions.
- Proactively explores the wider supply and industry markets to identify opportunities so BP can leverage to improve delivery or to mitigate supply risk, (e.g., technology developments, supplier and demand consolidation).
- Builds and nurtures both internal and external relationships.
- Ability to utilize a variety of programs to analyze large data sets and display information in a variety of Microsoft Office programs.
- Utilize resources to have a clear understanding of process and procedures to complete tasks in conformance with BP’s Operating Management System (OMS)
- Ensures a comprehensive statement of work prior to sourcing commencement.
- Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective strategic cost management utilizing best in class methods (e.g., should cost modeling) and tools (e.g., e-auctions).
- Develops and manages supplier relationships.
- Supports the group in developing value adding contracting strategy maps, contract briefs and various reports. These reports are to maintain clarity of contract spend, po issuance, po expiration, information to support the line in performance reviews and day to day management, provide input to the category guidance document and as needed.
- Support the CAM in supplier performance management activities, such as, KPI performance tracking, collaborating and facilitating the PRMs.
- Rigorous oversight of contractors in place looking for trending in safety and efficiency.
- Leverage data solutions, such as Power BI, to ensure data capture and analytics related to contractor delivery/performance.
- Work with the line to forecast 1 year look ahead to understand contracting needs and establish schedules.
- Set meeting cadence to get status alignment between groups to ensure schedules are met.
- Follow Escalation processes when proactive measures are necessary to ensure no schedule slippage.
- Engaged with the line to understand details of progression so leadership can be advised weekly.
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all TAR service needs, and escalation for Material issues.
- Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- Minimum of B.S. or equivalent in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant business or technical degree
- 10 years’ work experience in contracting and/or service estimating can be substituted for Education Requirements
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3 or more years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or other relevant areas
- Demonstrate business decision and execution agility (e.g. multitasking, maintain awareness of multiple transactions)
- Managing deliverables to multiple stakeholders requests (at times competing) that result in an overall company benefit
- Detail oriented in a high paced environment
- Req ID 91945BR