OII OTECH is seeking an Operations/Maintenance Manager who will supervise all operations and maintenance on unique undersea systems and support equipment. The Operations/Maintenance Manager will report to a Program Manager and will work closely with stakeholder US Government agencies to establish and enforce system Quality Assurance and maintenance procedures as well as operational and safety standards. The position requires frequent travel and at sea operations on working vessels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides sound independent and seasoned judgement that follows company policies and procedures in meeting OTECH obligations.
- Coordinates, directs and supervises the maintenance and operation of all undersea systems and supporting equipment. Maintains operational and maintenance teams and systems in the highest state of readiness.
- Supports and instills a safety culture within the team that follows compliance with Oceaneering’s Life Safety Rules and HSE program.
- Resolves technical and procedural schedules. Resolves contractual issues through direct interaction with the customer.
- Integrates maintenance schedules with customer schedules to meet operational commitments.
- Establishes and maintains robust and rigorous training/qualification programs as necessary to build teams that can proficiently operate and maintain submarine rescue systems and support equipment in accordance with applicable guidance.
- Coordinates, directs and supervises at-sea training events, including equipment mobilization and at-sea operations.
- Drafts and submits periodic reports to document personnel and system performance. Maintains completion, financial performance, contractual compliance and future improvement initiatives and schedules.
- Provides enough operational, technical, logistic and program coordination services necessary to support multi-day 24 hours cycle rapid worldwide deployment events. Ensures appropriate and sufficient material, personnel and support services are made available to execute.
- Develops integrated mobilization plans to demonstrate response requirements can be met. Supports the customer’s requirement to perform timely recall actions to meet operational timelines.
- Interfaces with the customer and commercial organizations as required to obtain adequate and appropriate support and services including cranes, forklifts, or other infrastructure support as directed to support transportation and mobilization efforts.
- Participates in planning conferences to assist in planning, resourcing and execution.
- Develops and provides detailed budget estimates to execute all training and exercise plans.
- Develops and delivers SOPs for customer approval that describes practices and procedures used in accomplishing operations, maintenance, training, and certification requirements for submarine rescue systems and supporting equipment.
- Coordinates, directs and supervises all maintenance and operations in support of an actual submarine rescue event. These events could require extensive deployed and at sea operations.
- Submits work completion documentation certificate of continuance (COC) reports as required by applicable guidance.
- Creates and/or reviews test plans/procedures required to verify that equipment and systems are performing in accordance with system specifications.
- Updates applicable manuals, instructions and other guidance by incorporating lessons learned from each mobilization, maintenance period, operational period, exercises and any real-world events.
- Provides certification support services for material and labor including on-site survey services, document review, and processing and non-governmental certification authority’s services.
- The Operations/Maintenance Manager is required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- This position directly supervises multiple managers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering related field. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- 10+ year's experience.
- Demonstrated writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead watch teams aboard vessels of opportunity or motherships.
- Extensive travel and an ability to work away from home for periods up to 45 days.
- Current U.S. passport.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A current SECRET clearance or the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have complete knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of DSS-SOC requirements.
- Working knowledge of American Bureau of Shipping rules and/or other classification society rules.
- Working knowledge of NAVSEA certification programs for both Deep Submergence Systems and Diving & Manned Hyperbaric Systems.
- Proficiency with a variety of field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, Side Scan Sonars, ROV, Launch and Recovery and Hyperbaric systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utlizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Be familiar with standard US Navy decision making processes and be able to proficiently work within that framework.
- Working knowledge of American Bureau of Shipping rules.
- Ability to build and strengthen teams.
- Knowledge of research and data gathering methods.
- Skill to read and comprehend job related materials and documents.
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data.
- Develops new approaches, techniques, methods, or technologies.
- Keeps manager informed about progress and problems.
- Ability to develop and apply creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of confidentiality rules, procedures, and information exchange agreements to protect information.
- Skill to maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of information.
- Treat others fairly and with respect.
- Communicates and cooperate with others who have a diversity of cultural and demographic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge or skills for work.
- Masters new technical and organizational concepts and information.
- Pursues self-development on a continual basis.
- Continues to learn about and improve theories and principles.
- Takes advantage of professional development opportunities.
- Ability to act independently.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and accomplishing work.
- Maintains commitment to goals, in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Prepares for meetings and presentations.
- Reviews and checks the accuracy of information in work reports.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing.
- Organizes written ideas clearly. Tailors written communications to effectively reach an audience.
This position is considered OFFICE and FIELD which is characterized as follows:
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions (50%).
- Requires working outdoors in a variety of environments including at sea embarked on vessels of opportunity (50%).
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MODERATE work.
- Lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Climbs, stoops, kneels, squats, and reaches.
- Lifts up to 20 pounds.
- Underway embarks on working vessels.
- Repetitive movements of the arms and hand