The Alkermes Operations Lead, Patient Access Services is a program resource for the RAS team. The Lead will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day operations run smoothly, and will be a resource, mentor and coach to RAS team members as needed. They also serves as the intermediary between the RAS team and Patient Access Services (PAS) Leadership for operations-based activities. This individual may disseminate information to the team as needed, and is responsible for identifying training needs and systems enhancements. The Team Lead will carry a reduced territory load as an RAS.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Alkermes products, RAS processes and role responsibilities.
- Act as a dedicated resource to RAS team: Be the “on floor” advisor to assist in solving complex issues that require escalation.
- Train new hires and participate in ongoing mentoring of team members.
- Monitor and update the training materials, job aids and work instructions as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of RAS systems to ensure data quality, includes organizing or participating in relevant cross functional meetings.
- Provide insight about data quality issues, and participate in key initiatives to make improvements.
- Compile RAS Team best practices to identify opportunities for process improvements; initiate improvements department-wide.
- Assist with development of program utilizationreports to be provided to the field
- Act as the liaison between the PAS management and the RAS team
- Assist PAS management with vendor escalations
- Work in concert with PAS Leadership and RAS team to ensure vision and objective of RAS team are met.
- Escalating any unresolved issues to PAS Leadership.
- Foster an environment conducive to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort.
Reduced RAS Territory responsibilities include:
o Assist external customers with elevated patient access issues
o Be the central knowledge base of reimbursement and market access related information for a region
o Consolidate reimbursement and access related information from multiple regional sources and disseminate to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders
o Utilize centralized database to verify information and track issues to resolution
o Maintain database accuracy and work with internal and external customers to validate information
o Build and maintain relationships with sales, market access, and third party service provider(s); prepare for and attend frequent conference calls with various teams
o Responsible for day-to-day quality checks on third party service provider(s)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience with exposure or responsibilities related to training, program/project management, and customer care/ case management roles. Will consider other equivalent experiences.
- Ability to adapt to change, and prioritize in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and leverage trusting relationships.
- Ability to travel on occasion when business needs arise.
- High knowledge of reimbursement (claims, appeals, prior authorization etc.).
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical sales teams & sales leadership.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to understand, create, and interpret reports, as well as maintain spreadsheets.
- Problem solving skills – ability to identify an issue and use all available resources to find the most effective and efficient resolution.
- Viewed as a leader with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Seasoned project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Seasoned ability to multi-task, be organized with high attention to detail.
- Experience and understanding of customer service metrics and operations in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Visio, Word, Excel, and Power Point