Operations Lead - International Space Station ( ISS )
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The ISS Operations (Ops) Lead is assigned to every payload and coordinates all efforts of pre-increment International Space Station payload readiness.
- Assesses a payload and works closely with the Payload Developer (PD) to become knowledgeable on their science objective/requirements and to guide the PD teams through the POIF milestones.
- Reviews CDR Data Packs, writing payload crew procedures, defining, coordinating and performing crew payload training, participating in usability tests and developing Phase III cadre training.
- Supports development of real-time flight products as well as Flight Rules and Payload Regulations.
- Supports real-time operations of assigned payloads which could include working other shifts besides 1st shift.
- The ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously is a must.
Education and Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a specialized area of the physical, computational, or life sciences, plus at least seven (7) years applicable experience with increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated ability to perform research, design, development, or closely related functions.
BS in Science or Engineering with 7-10 years’ experiencepreferred.