Responsible for delivering complex projects related to the innovation of cooking, refrigeration and beverage equipment that maximize efficiency and throughput and that drive the future growth of Jack in the Box. Responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, modeling, optimization, development and/or implementation of new operating systems, processes and equipment.
- Develops and executes multiple strategic operation initiatives from concept phase and prototyping through national launch and implementation. Completes functional requirements, specifications, installation, training and documentation related to Beverage systems (water filtration, dispensers, ice makers), Holding systems (refrigeration and heated holding), smallwares, cooking platforms and product development. Ensures objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Applies engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to assist with creation and implementation of processes and equipment to improve restaurant operations, to achieve improved throughput and service. Identifies and eliminates inefficiencies and non-value added tasks and insures the maximum and efficient utilization of resources.
- Conducts business analyses with the use of discrete event simulation modeling software, leading to the optimization of operating procedures and process efficiency improvements. Provides technical support and makes recommendations to leadership on the impact that different operational scenarios (hold/cook times, speed of service, etc.) will have on the business. Analyzes and assesses other various operational changes that can also affect the business, e.g., drive through size, new equipment, etc.
- Interprets and addresses inquiries from Project Managers, Facility Services Technicians and Restaurant Managers relating to new and existing kitchen designs; provides feedback on implementing changes to the management. Makes recommendations to other departments and implements changes to kitchen layouts and equipment that are required due to menu changes and code requirements.
- Drives continuous process improvement to optimize operational efficiency, cost savings, productivity, speed, ergonomics and reliability. Monitors success of ongoing process updates, identifies opportunities for improvement and drives innovative solutions.
- Maintains Equipment standards documentation for Jack in the Box.
- With limited supervision, collaborates with cross-functional teams and provides strategic support to ensure projects are delivered. Partners with Supply Chain to develop project timelines and operational design changes. Works with suppliers and
- Travels to test markets to collect information and provide feedback to restaurants. Works to understand whether or not each program is being executed as designed.
Education - Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural, Industrial or Chemical) or related field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience - Minimum of 4 years of Engineering experience, preferably in food production or food service.
- Experience with equipment automation, connectivity, and communication protocols.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration and thermodynamic fundamentals.
- Demonstrated project management skills, with proven success of project delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders; ability to have productive conflict and communication at all levels to drive desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently, multi-task, and adapt to change in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
Physical Requirements - Ability to speak/hear clearly in person and on the telephone. Ability to operate a computer (PC, tablet, etc). . Ability to travel to restaurants and other locations approximately 15% - 25% of time as business needs require