The Food & Beverage (F&B) Operations Improvement (OI) Subject Matter Expert (SME) must be an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual who shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables, be a collaborative team player, and have a strong drive to deliver to customers. This person will help identify work, write proposal, win projects, and provide leadership and give the guidance needed to develop and implement studies that assist our clients with making key business decisions. The SME is responsible for coordinating with other disciplines including architects, process, mechanical, and I&C engineers and also client personnel to ensure the studies and recommendations are relevant and appropriate. Project sizes, schedule, and budget will vary. Though the primary focus of this role is within the F&B vertical, the successful individual may be required to support projects in other verticals for the Consulting Team.
- Degree in Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- 15+ years of experience is required; the majority from a design firm setting is preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Professional Registration is a plus
- Proven expertise developing process strategies/philosophies for consulting projects
- Proven expertise with Lean Six Sigma, industrial engineering tools (software) and techniques
- Advanced knowledge and application of software used to conduct investigations
- Proven ability to present opportunities and results to existing and new clients
- Proven ability to lead projects and to direct the OI development effort
- Proven ability to author articles and present on relevant topics at conferences
- Experience with MS Office products including Word, Visio and Excel
- Ability to direct OI design activities and lead a team of engineers
- Help win work and grow the Consulting Services’ offerings in the F&B Market.
- Manage project budget and schedules as well as client expectations.
- Gather data and develop project requirements.
- Develop complex models using appropriate software applications and accepted techniques.
- Develop reports to indicate key findings of studies and models.
- Work directly with facility planners and process engineers to communicate process needs based on OI study results.
- Follow projects after upgrades and changes are implemented/completed, and systems become operational to verify that the results of OI projects are realized.
- Perform project quality reviews.
- Act as a mentor and provide training to junior engineers.
- Develop and present continuing education topics internally.
- Professionally represent CRB with external partners and clients, develop key relationships throughout the industry including participation in industry organizations, writing papers/articles, and speaking and presenting.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies used in our industry and being aware of the approximate costs of the various technologies that could be used to solve our clients’ design challenges.
- Establish CRB as a thought leader throughout the industry and create additional project opportunities.