The Operations General Manager acts as overall lead, manager and administrator for all efforts of the company. The Operations General Manager will Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of company. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Be capable of understanding and developing environmental assessment, characterization and remediation projects, including traditional program management of environmental project activities.
- Prepare and review project schedules, budgets, and recommends technical and management solutions to technical problems that arise during project execution to the individual project managers.
- Provide leadership and assistance to their team members.
- Responsible for implementing the training and certification process for all department professionals.
- Responsible for implementing controls over spending and procurements to ensure adherence to the company budget.
- Monitors and directs daily operations to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services are being provided efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary; personally handles the most difficult, sensitive or controversial projects for the division.
- Formulates company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for business planning, operational excellence.
- Plans for the use of materials and human resources.
- Assist with development of solutions to operational problems
- Requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build internal/external relationships
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategies to achieve the company's long-term goals and objectives
- Monitors and tracks the performance and achievements of the employees as well of the entire company.
- Responsible for matters related to finance and transactions are within his supervision.
- Prepares contracts and bids; estimates costs and makes schedules; and ensures projects stay within budget. Negotiate contract renewals/extensions with existing customers
- Provide regular updates to the Executive General Manager on customer/department issues
- May perform other duties that may be assigned.
Position will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, perform a variety of tasks, and work under general supervision. Position may manage multiple projects without having direct supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a closely related field and 15years of experience with an engineering firm or environmental consulting firm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have experience in Program/Project Management, Environmental Assessments (Phase I, II, ESA), Site Characterization and Remediation, Environmental Sampling and Analysis, Environmental Drilling, Slug Test and Pumping Tests, UST/AST Environmental Services, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans and Permitting, Spill Prevention and Countermeasure Plans, Hazardous Waste Management, Quality Assurance Project Plans, TSCA Tier II Facility Inventories, Brownfield Investigations, RCRA Facility Investigations, Chemical Data Analysis and Interpretation, and Lake Capacity Studies.
- Requires 40-Hour & 8-Hour HAZWOPER training, Basic First Aid certification and 30 hours of OSHA training.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications.
- Must have good analytical skills, attention to details, leadership, self-motivation, and organization skills.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practice, trends, and developments relating to performance improvement
- Ability to self-direct in a challenging and ambiguous environment is required
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships in cross-cultural environment with team members at all levels of the company
- Requires good communication, listening, project management skills.