The Finance Manager - Operations is a key member of the operations finance team partnering with the Plant Controllers while having direct reporting lines into the Director of Operations for North America with function reporting to the North America Grain and Protein Controllers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to supporting the Operation Team by monitoring and reviewing inventoryreporting, perform month end closing procedures, assisting in the annual budget and otherforecasting processes, preparing internal financial/costing reports, partnering with the Logistics and Purchasing departments to track freight revenue and expenses and verify savings, respectively, ensuring that proper internal controls are in place and accounting policies are in accordance with US GAAP and Company policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consolidate data from the plants on a weekly and monthly basis for reporting purposes
- Review and improve inventory process and controls
- Oversee annual physical inventory for all US operations
- Oversee in cycle counting processes and ensure plant compliance with policies
- Oversee and monitor Shared Services budgets/forecast and review spending
- Assist in internal and external audits
- Review monthly freight P&L and analysis
- Review and approve month end journal entries
- Review monthly purchasing reports
- Provide direction and support for the Plant Controllers
- Business partner to the North American Operations Manager
- Assist in the monthly and budget/forecast cost out calls with AGCO
- Approve annual cost rolls
BS Accounting or Finance degree required
5-7 Years in manufacturing required
CPA or CMA preferred
SOX and SAP knowledge preferred
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations.
- Communication skills both verbally & in written format.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Passion to continually improve personal and business performance
- Attention to detail
- Technical acumen towards cost accounting
- The ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Open minded, natural curiosity, and customer, market and product oriented.
- Achievement/result oriented, consistent, and good organizational skills.