The Operations Engineering Manager(OEM) will join our exciting Operations Engineering Team at McNeilus Truck Company, Refuse Division, reporting to the Director of Operations Engineering! In this role, the Operations Engineering Manager will lead the execution of daily objectives and long-term strategic initiatives within the Operations Engineering function. The Refuse business unit is comprised of three main product platforms. The selected candidate will own one of the three platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes processes and measures to support Platform operational requirements
- Develops daily and short-term plans to meet the Platform area’s customer service requirements and achieve improvement of area operational performance
- Manage and direct a team, including but not limited to Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineers, focused on accelerating transformation and continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement, and achieve safety, quality, productivity, and efficiency standards ensuring continuously improving operations .
- Provide status reporting on Safety, Budget, Staffing, Volume and Performance Measurements to ensure effective communication and analysis
- Play an active role in long range financial forecasting, specifically around planning the resource needs of the platform team
- Conduct regular CI audits and work cross functionally to identify areas of waste and designing out these forms of waste
- Manage the Platforms various projects and report status updates to Director
- Always promote a healthy and high Morale work environment
- Ensures company goals are addressed regardless of personal agendas/reservations
- Engage, motivate, and inspire others through trust, credibility, and collaboration
- Connect with all parts of the business to facilitate the flow of information and maintain relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience 8-plus years related experience.
- 2-3 years minimum leading a Team of direct reports.
- Demonstrated proficiency in line balancing and capacity/resource planning in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in value-stream mapping, problem solving and process improvement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in lean based process design and standard visual work instruction development.
- Green Belt and/or Black Belt certification from accredited establishment
- Knowledge deploying and using 3D simulation software such as FlexSim, Simul8, etc..
- Skilled in use of a Shop Floor Management System or MES, such as ProPlanner, Siemens, etc..
- Demonstrated experience leading medium and large-scale operational transformations based on lean principles and the 4-Capabilites methodology
- Heavy industrial or automotive industry experience
- Demonstrated proficiency leading people through change/change management