As the world continues to change in ways we cannot even begin to imagine, we know that one thing will never change -- the need to stay connected. The world of tomorrow is counting on us, and we are delivering.
This Operations Engineer Lead position is responsible for maintaining operations and contributing to the completion of tasks under thegeneral direction of manager. Able to handle moderately complex issues independently.
Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations.
Plans, organizes, and directs the Operations Team to ensure the stable operation of all iconectiv products.
Responsible for managing and setting priorities for the Operations team.
Ensures the effective monitoring and response to hardware, software, and network problems. Coordinates and manages the routine and disaster recovery testing and analysis of all elements.
The Operations Team Lead shall also schedule and direct activities to resolve software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure including Disaster recovery center.
• Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues.
• Help test, configures and troubleshoot operational issues.
• Participate actively in on-call rotations to support our customer, which may include occasional after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
• Lead and take part in the development and of processes and documentation for new areas of work or knowledge. Mentor, train and guide new team members.
• Have hands on knowledge of Linux/Unix operations system.
• Assist and support managing of offshore and onshore Operations team to provide 24 X 7 operations coverage
• Create operational reports and metrics as may be needed
• B.E degree in Computer Science, Electronics or ElectricalEngineering in technology and or equivalent work experience
• 5 to 8 + years of working in Technical operations experience is a must
• 1+ years team lead or supervisory experience is desired
• Writing SQL Queries, Python/bash/shell scripting is a must
• Monitoring experience in Nagios, Zenoss or similar is required.
• Having hands on experience in configuration management skills to automate repetitive tasks
• Excellent phone and verbal, writing communication skills. Good communication skills is a must to handle international customers, technical and non-technical staff.
• Superior MS Office Skills
• Strong business writing skills and the ability to author professional memos, reports, and correspondences
• Experience with reporting, metrics, SLA management, and quality assurance
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to build effective working relationships
• Excellent work ethics and customer focus
• Initiative, critical thinking and good follow through are key characteristics
• Any experience with Service Now or Jira or similar ticketing system is a must
• ITIL certification is preferred
Additional Skills desired:
• Working knowledge using Spark, Elastic search and similar big data platforms is a big plus.
• Good Exposure to SMS protocols; SS7, GSM, SMPP, SOAP.
• Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
• Experience with application A2P SMS routing is a plus
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
• Experience implementing DevOps practices.
• Has a solid understanding of typical network and server infrastructure at a high level.
• Able to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment
• Experience managing AWS deployments is a plus.
• Experienceworking with a diverse, global community is preferred
• Develop the ability to sense issues and activities and communicate/escalate effectively