The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Engineer, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and NetworkInfrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending of your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Contribute and lead efforts/projects in the deployment, maintenance, and support of current and new data center infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues over a significant population of affected equipment.
- Help test and troubleshoot new complex server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS related issues on our servers. Participate actively in on-call rotations to support our data center infrastructure, which may include occasional after hours, weekends and national holiday shift work.
- Lead and take part in the development and of processes and documentation for new areas of work or knowledge. Mentor, train and guide new team members.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to lift/move (50lb) equipment and use hand/power tools such as power drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, and barcode scanners.
- Advanced understanding/experience of hardware architecture, maintenance and repair. Advanced level Linux skills, including installation, systems administration and troubleshooting; advanced networking knowledge, including topology and protocol understanding.
- Experience understanding and executing oral and written instructions and learning via training documentations and presentations. Ability to communicate clearly and transparently in English, verbally and in writing, keeping the right people informed of relevant issues.
- Strong people and communication skills, with experience as a team, project or technical lead.
- Worked extensively on data center server and networking hardware and has a solid understanding of the infrastructure at a high level.
- Able to show respect towards Googlers and work as a team member, collaborating and partnering with others to resolve conflicts or address an issue. Able to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or shift work; willing to travel up to 30%.